FastCGI for ISAPI/NSAPI
Version 0.6 beta
ISAPI/NSAPI binaries (11/03/2002)
PHP FastCGI executable for php 4.2.3 (11/03/2002)
PHP USERS NOTE: requires PHP 4.2.x from php.net. The next version of PHP (4.3), will include fastcgi support.
More info on FastCGI at fastcgi.com
NOTE: If you are using a fastcgi app other than PHP, and you would like the
IIS/NTFS security impersonation support, you need to use the fastcgi source
included in the source distribution above to compile your application.
Instructions for configuration are provided in readme.txt in the above fastcgi zip files.
- Runs under IIS and iPlanet servers (ISAPI/NSAPI)
- Configurable Process Manager
- Uses IIS Security
- Thread Pooling under IIS
- Read Ahead POST data for large posts, reduces time spent
inside your fastcgi server application.
- Asynchronous Read Ahead under IIS
- Supports setting custom environment variables per server class
- Supports FastCGI Response and Filter servers. Authorizer support in the future.
- fix extra path_info handling
- support for non-php fastcgi servers
- fix header parsing to handle status and redirects correctly
- fix sending post data to FastCGI server app
- fix buffer read problem with post data
- Special thanks to Jim Hurd for serveral fixes
- fixed post handling
- fixed socket connection error handling
- fixed cleanup post temp files after request
- fixed header support for setting redirects or http error status
- implemented asynchronous read ahead of large post data (over 48K) in IIS.
- implemented security impersonation for IIS on NT based systems. This
feature enables FastCGI servers to impersonate the security level of the calling
client. In effect, requests run this way will have the security level of the
authenticated IIS user (anonymous user by default). In essence, it provides
the same level of security that you would get running a cgi executable.
To have your FastCGI
applications support this feature, you must currently link against the FastCGI
library provided in the source download. This feature is supported only for
fastcgi servers executed by this library. The php fastcgi executable provided
on this page supports this feature, you must set fastcgi.impersonate=1 in php.ini.
- HTTP/1.1 Keep Alive support under IIS. The fastcgi server must send a
content-length to have the fastcgi module signal IIS for keep alive.
- Fix error ouput bug
- Fix documentation problem
- update to 2.2.2 FastCGI library
Sometime January 2002
- Initial release
Copyright (c) 2002, Shane Caraveo, ............
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Neither name of the copyright holders nor the names of their contributors
may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
without specific prior written permission.
Portions of this software is copyrighted by Open Market, Inc. See
LICENSE.TERMS from the FastCGI development kit available
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS
IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR
CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.